Staging

Giving expert advice through Home Staging Reports or Verbal Consultations to assist you in getting top dollar and the quickest sale possible.

The MUST DO Areas When Staging To Sell

There are a certain amount of things you need to do before you ever put your house on the market.  Honestly, you should really do these things before you call a Realtor.  I’ve listed the “must do” areas with a few hints to get you started.  If you need further assistance, I’m only an email or phone call away. Start with one of the first and last things buyers see while at your home – The Foyer/Entrance – Remove any area rugs to show off valuable square footage.   If you…

2017 Kitchen Trends – Are you IN or OUT?

Countertops: For the past several years Granite was the most popular counter top. This year it’s still well-liked but you’ll want large veining throughout the slab instead of speckled patterns. Quartz has the look of stone without the maintenance which is why it’s the new “go-to” counter top. It comes in so many different colors and should be easy to find the perfect match. Marble is and will always be timeless but don’t forget it’s still easily stained. Last on the list this year is Butcher Block; probably because…

Buyers have a nose that knows!

When buyers enter a home, many of them are looking for reasons to nickel and dime you until the offer is several thousand dollars less.  Odors play a major factor in that decision.  Here are a few things you’ll want to consider while your home is listed. Do you smoke?  Only 18% of people smoke in Texas.  If you want to appeal to the other 82% of the population, you’ll need to stop smoking in and near your home until you move.  Smoke penetrates everything including the furniture, curtains, ventilation system,…

Easy Checklist While Your Home Is On The Market

  Life gets a little hectic at times when your home is on the market.  Below is a list with 10 easy things you should do everyday before leaving the house to ensure best impressions. 1.  Open all window treatments and/or blinds – think light and bright 2.  Turn on lamps 3.  Check for odors (pet or otherwise) but don’t overdo it with fragrance 4.  Make sure all beds are made and closets are neat and tidy 5.  Put all toilet seats down, wipe out every sink and…

Sell your home by removing YOU

You want to sell your home and have watched all of the HGTV shows you can stand yet still don’t have the info needed for a quick sale? Well here are a few tips that will help. Neutralize – Most people like color and many of us have it all over the house, but in order for a buyer to see themselves living there, you’ll want neutral wall colors. Don’t go beige! Beige can look old and tired. Try a light taupe or gray. Some blues or…

10 Tips to Flipping Houses

Want to Flip Houses? Before you decide to take on the challenge, here are 10 tips to make the risky more lucrative. Know the Market. Real Estate can be affected by factors of the economy, interest rates and the time of year. Use the expertise of a Realtor, search classified ads, websites and bank foreclosures. Look for cosmetic-only repairs. Look for a “bad” house in a decent neighborhood. A home that needs some love and attention is an excellent consideration. Think reasonable updates. Avoid homes requiring costly…